Sender:Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com
Date/Time:2009-Jan-07 12:20:13
Subject:Re: new 360cities pano interface, was Re: Opera is annoying was: Re: "From a tower, without the tower"

PanoTools NG: Re: new 360cities pano interface, was Re: Opera is annoying was: Re: "From a tower, without the tower" Carlos Chegado - www.carloschegado.com 2009-Jan-07 12:20:13
Jeffrey,

I understand that the world has to move on but the one thing I don't
like in the 360cities.net interface and the same goes to panedia.com is
the way hotspots are located in the image.

Take a look at this beautiful image from Willy Kaemena here in a Lisbon
Metro station:

http://360cities.net/image/olaias-metro-station

I find really annoying to see the hotspots there, and most of them
pointing to a wall!!!
When hover the Hotspots I get i.e. [Inside tram] and when clicked I have
to crash to a wall to get in the Tram.

Sorry, but this is no way of presenting Hotspots.

I don't like to hit walls to be able to navigate inside a 360º Panorama.

I expect to find the hotspots pointing to doors or passage ways and so
on, if you want the experience to be credible, put the Hotspots in the
correct location, do not crash your users against walls, this is not
evolving.

(Note: Other than this I think both websites are brilliant, so don't
take this personally, it is just one tiny bit that I don't like, OK?)

Os melhores cumprimentos,
Best regards,

Carlos Chegado

Olho de Peixe Lda