Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2006-Apr-04 01:45:33
Subject:Re: Re: OT: email with problem

PanoTools: Re: Re: OT: email with problem Pat Swovelin 2006-Apr-04 01:45:33
Erik Krause wrote:

> On Monday, April 03, 2006 at 15:33, Pat Swovelin wrote:
>
> > I frequently go without the original of well more than half of the new
> > message threads and I also miss several of the replies (based on the
> > ones I do eventually receive).  Sometime I can go for a day--or
> > more--without receiving ANY messages yet I go to the group through
> Yahoo
> > and there are numerous posts to both new and existing threads.  That
> > having been said it's certainly NOT on your end.
>
> Are you sure they are not sorted out as spam by your email provider?

Absolutely.  I have no SPAM blockers on any account (and I have a LOT of
accounts) because I don't want to take the risk of missing something
important.

As a matter of fact my above reply never showed up but yours did.  Aarrrgh!

> Use Gmane to read and write (see my signature).

But that's only web based, right?  I prefer to work with my mail locally
so I have total control of it ... assuming it actually GETS here.      =8^)

I do see that there's a new PTGui beta out today that I wasn't aware of
until I read it through your account.

> You can even point
> your regular NNTP newsreader to gmane or use a RSS feed...

THANKS for the tips (especially the RSS feed option).  I'll see if I can
figure it out without injuring myself ... you should expect some stupid
questions shortly.      =8^)

As a sidebar questions:

Do you know if there's a way I can force a full download of all of the
messages on the PanoTools group (or at least within a certain date
range) so I can have access to them locally (as if they came into my
mail account in the normal fashion)?

Is there a Gmane group for the WWP Yahoo group?

Why is the "G" in Gmane silent?  What are they hiding?      =8^)

> best regards
> --
> Erik Krause
> Resources, not only for panorama creation:
> http://www.erik-krause.de/
> Read panotools at GMane:
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools

Pat Swovelin