Sender:fiero
Date/Time:2006-Apr-14 13:54:43
Subject:Re: Interactive Flash movies into panoramas with DevalVR

PanoTools: Re: Interactive Flash movies into panoramas with DevalVR fiero 2006-Apr-14 13:54:43
On 4/4/06, Roger Howard <#removed#> wrote:

> On Monday, April 03, 2006, at 08:16PM, fiero <#removed#> wrote:
> >Yes Roger, we all live on the same Internet. And all pano-developers
> >(PTViewer, SPI-V, QT, DevalVR, Immervision, ...) we are infringing this
> >patent: Ipix Patent<
> http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&amp;Sect2=HITOFF&am...
> >

> >What can we do? We can continue working or we can stop now.
>
> I never suggested anyone quit the game because of this silliness; I was
> only responding to your suggestion that it's not relevant because you're in
> Europe.

Sorry Roger, I understand you now. We must continue with the game.
Unfortunately software  patents will end up by being approved also in Europe
http://swpat.ffii.org/index.en.html because of corrupt politicians and the
big companies pressures :-(

And continuing with the game:

I uploaded a new plugin version with a new IMAGE instruction for scripts.
With this instruction it's possible to show an image over the panorama with
blending effects and transparency level. This is the drecription of this
instruction http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/instructions.html#IMAGE

The next examples requires the new plugin version (about 220KB).

The image can be a video too, like in this example, with a Flash movie over
the panorama with "Multiply" effect:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/imagevideo.html (Somebody requested
me this feature to show a Flash movie with a background music player like a
logo over the pano)

This is another example with other effects:
http://www.devalvr.com/paginas/soporte/negative.html . In this example you
can see that any white image with XOR effect inverts the background image.

I can create more effects with overlayer images if anybody needs it. To add
any other effect I only need to know its mathematical operation.

best regards!

fiero