Sender:fiero
Date/Time:2006-Apr-04 05:16:01
Subject:Re: Interactive Flash movies into panoramas with DevalVR

PanoTools: Re: Interactive Flash movies into panoramas with DevalVR fiero 2006-Apr-04 05:16:01
On 4/4/06, Roger Howard <#removed#> wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2006, at 2:15 PM, fiero wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your comments! :-)
> >
> >  On 4/3/06, Bert Vierstra <#removed#> wrote:
> >
> >> Guess who holds an American "patent" for this?
> >>
> >> .....    right. E(b)olas:
> >>
> >> http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6616701.html
> >>

> > I'm spanish. In Europe software patents do not exist. Software
> > patents are
> > the virus that we must eradicate. In the USA "mouse double clicks" are
> > patented, IT'S CRAZY. I NEVER will pay attention to software patents.
>
> Since we all live on the same Internet, it's unfortunately going to
> impact everyone as it's unlikely we'll see a European version of IE,
> for instance. As long as companies feel the need to abide by US law -
> and many companies not based in the US nevertheless have financial
> interests here - then it's something none of us can ignore.

Yes Roger, we all live on the same Internet. And all pano-developers
(PTViewer, SPI-V, QT, DevalVR, Immervision, ...) we are infringing this
patent: Ipix Patent<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6795113.WKU.&OS=PN/6795113&RS=PN/6795113>

What can we do? We can continue working or we can stop now.

best regards

fiero