Sender:John Riley
Date/Time:2012-Feb-15 18:09:42
Subject:Re: I just don't get Facebook...

PanoTools NG: Re: I just don't get Facebook... John Riley 2012-Feb-15 18:09:42
On Feb 15, 2012, at 10:53 AM, Ken Warner wrote:

> I've looked at the Facebook pano page and I just don't get it.
>
> It just looks like a random collection of argle-bargle to me.
>
> This list may be old technology but if you ask a question, answers are
> easily deciphered. Facebook looks like a highschool bulletin board. And
> all those people who want to be "friends". That's terrifying...

Ditto for me. I despise Facebook, but am on it very reluctantly. Good luck searching for something from a while back in the discussions. I also get a constant stream of friend requests, 90% from people I don't know. I have even gotten them from teenage friends of my niece; I felt like calling up her parents and asking if they knew their 13 y.o. daughter was randomly making friend requests to 50 year old men!

Don't get me started on Twitter or texting. I know I sound like a Luddite, but I am very high tech oriented. I just find all of those things to be time wasters and annoyances.

Gawd, I sound like my grandparents: Back when I was a kid, we had to walk to school, through the snow, uphill in both directions, and we LIKED it!

John

John Riley
4Pi-VR Media Solutions
http://4pi-vr.com