Sender:Kyle Goodnight
Date/Time:2012-Feb-16 18:05:20
Subject:Re: Re: I just don't get Facebook...

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: I just don't get Facebook... Kyle Goodnight 2012-Feb-16 18:05:20
I have been gleaning/ learning from this group for a long time.  I was
here back when the battle with Ipix and Prof. Dr. H. Dersch was going
on. I was here when Panotoolsng was created.  This is a fantastic group
and it would be a shame to see it go the way of the Twits.  I have had
accounts with Facebook, Twitter and some others and they all ended up
being more problems than they are worth.  Attempts at stealing
Identities, duplicate names.   Numerious emails to support of Twitter
and Facebook on violations fell on death ears or none at all.

This group is unique and provides support and knowledge that would be
hard to find on one of the social networks..IMHO!  One of the comments
was that the same questions keep getting asked without searching for
archives...Probably true.  I probably have done that as well.  But the
single one thing that keeps me here and coming back time after time is
the respect given to even the lowly newbie. Never have I seen anyone
chastised for asking "a dumb question".  The response is ALWAYS a
knowledgeable response with links to where additional info can be
found.  Try that on Twitter! This group is personal, factual, with info
that "can be taken to the bank" so to speak.   I have a great deal of
respect for the responders, Erik, Hans, Bostjan, Sacha and many others
who respond to this group.  If it moves to the twit network, then I will
have to find someplace else to continue my education.

I have frequented support groups from other product companies, from
"down Under" to name one, and was greeted by emails asking me to buy
products that would give them commissions, and a myriad of other Scams
designed to sell me stuff rather than help me with becoming a better
photographer.
Never happens here...only good stuff!!

My 2cents
Kyle Goodnight