Sender:Fulvio Senore
Date/Time:2006-Sep-04 13:51:54
Subject:Re: Which viewer to use...

PanoTools NG: Re: Which viewer to use... Fulvio Senore 2006-Sep-04 13:51:54
You can try the latest version of PTViewer:
http://www.fsoft.it/panorama/ptviewer.htm
I am about to release V2.8 that will be the same as the last beta
available from the site.
See comments below:

scannerist ha scritto:
> After looking at a number of viewers, I think I've settled on
> Immervision's PURE TOOLS based on my needs. Tell me where I could do
> better or where you think I may be wrong, or lastly, if you agree in
> general with my choice. Here are my needs:
>
> Some form of encryption so I can demo panos to clients on a temporal
> "timed" basis and / or restrict viewing of the pano to a specific
> domain or web page.

PTViewer can use encrypted files: they can be viewed only from a
specific domain.
> Minimal to no branding of the viewer (simply because I don't like the
> distractions of advertising)

OK
> High resolution at full screen and smooth movement

PTViewer is fast enough for fullscreen. The problem is that java (with
its standard settings) has not enough memory available for a full screen
pano. All java viewers have that problem: the immervision viewer simply
reduces the image size on the fly, in order to fit it in available
memory. IMHO downloading a large file just to downsize it on the client
is not the best solution. Since end users will not surely change the
java settings they all would have to reduce the pano.

Fulvio Senore

<*> Gmane (news) nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng

<*> Gmane  (web) http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng