Sender:Fulvio Senore
Date/Time:2006-Sep-08 15:10:17
Subject:Re: Re: Which viewer to use...

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Which viewer to use... Fulvio Senore 2006-Sep-08 15:10:17
scannerist ha scritto:
>> If you want really good fullscreen viewers I suggest you try DevalVR
>> (very small download, very good quality, fast enhancement cycle) or
>> Spi-V (reasonable install base for Shockwave, highly configurable).
>> Both support a couple of formats and both can be adjusted in many
>> ways (no hard coded min and max zoom f.e.).
>>

> I had checked this out. Looks like a good product. While I personally
> am not hesitant to load a new program, the large majority of my
> audience is sitting at work where they are not going to commit to, or
> aren't allowed to, download an app of any kind onto their office
> machines. Hence, my particular need is to use whichever is, in fact,
> more prevalant
It seems that a lot people are ignoring a basic fact: most modern
computers are shipped WHITHOUT qtvr and java.
So those software have been installed by users, I suppose. If users can
install qt or java, why should not they install another viewer?
In computers where the user cannot install anything, users will not be
able to install qt as well. Maybe java is installed because it might be
needed for working.

My main site contains a virtual visit of the top of the Western Alps, at
the moment there are 180 panos linked together.
The site logs show that most visitors come from Monday to Friday, while
traffic during weekends is much lower.
I suppose that the reason is simple: people look at the site while they
are at work :-) .

QT is supposed to be a good viewer, but I am wondering how many
corporate computers have it installed, since it surely cannot be used
for work.
So, are we allowed to suppose that people at work, who seem to have a
lot of free time, cannot often see QTVR files?

Fulvio Senore

<*> Gmane (news) nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng

<*> Gmane  (web) http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng