Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Sep-07 17:13:42
Subject:Re: Which viewer to use...

PanoTools NG: Re: Which viewer to use... Erik Krause 2006-Sep-07 17:13:42
On Thursday, September 07, 2006 at 10:54, Hans Nyberg wrote:

> One of the reasons why  Quicktime is superior to other viewers is the
> ability to interpolate images on the fly.
>
> If you are careful and do not use to much sharpening you can zoom in
> att 200% without pixalation
>
> This is a test comparing Quicktime - Photoshop and PTviewer 2.8 at 200%
> http://www.panoramas.dk/test/viewers-interpolation.jpg

That's certainly true, but I wonder who lets his panos display at
200% and what should be the benefit of that. I think maximum allowed
zoom should be 100%...

A, well, I see that it's impossible to set maximum zoom individually
in Quicktime after the file is created. Hence for fullscreen or
variable viewer size you can't adjust zoom to a maximum of 100%...

best regards

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/3EuRwD/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/gWFolB/TM

<*> Gmane (news) nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng

<*> Gmane  (web) http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng