Sender:scannerist
Date/Time:2006-Sep-07 22:10:33
Subject:Re: Which viewer to use...

PanoTools NG: Re: Which viewer to use... scannerist 2006-Sep-07 22:10:33
--- In #removed#, "scannerist" <linesides01@...> wrote:

> Is there any anectdotal information on which has more of an installed
> base, Java or QTVR?

After doing some additional homework on this, I came up with this,
which I find to be quite interesting. Note these stats were compiled
June '06:

http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/

I also see a number of comments from around the net that Flash VR
doesn't deliver the quality as does Java and QTVR.

In another post, I did try using SPi-V, but for full screen, it didn't
seem to have as good of picture quality as the other viewers I've
worked with. Was that just me and did something wrong? And another
reason I didn't go with SPi-V was because I didn't see a way to
encrypt my work.

If the above statistics from Adobe are reasonably right, Java has a
very definate advantage over QTVR in terms of "installed base" even if
Java is on the decline in terms of being "installed".

<*> Gmane (news) nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng

<*> Gmane  (web) http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng