Sender:scannerist
Date/Time:2006-Sep-08 02:47:42
Subject:Re: Which viewer to use...

PanoTools NG: Re: Which viewer to use... scannerist 2006-Sep-08 02:47:42
--- In #removed#, "Erik Krause" <erik.krause@...> wrote:

> Yes, and that's the major disadvantage of global statistics like the
> adobe one. In many offices Java is disabled because of security
> reasons (may it be a real danger or not).

Do we have a sense of how many offices we're talkng about? I presume
not but thought I'd ask just in case.

> To be on the save side you most probably will have to provide
> different technologies - including flash. And that's why a flash
> based viewer like Thomas' one is of such a high interest. It doesn't
> provide a good quality, but that might be better than no viewer at
> all.

Yes, but doesn't that bring us back to the issue of having and being
able to "download this?"

> There is a free detection service online with brocap/birdcap. See
> http://dativ.at/brocap/index.html for an example.

I briefly looked at some of the code. Did I get it right that this
routine is dependent on being able to communicate with a third party
site? If so, is there a concern for dependence?

Thanks, Erik.

<*> Gmane (news) nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng

<*> Gmane  (web) http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng