Sender:Gummy Bear
Date/Time:2000-May-14 17:04:12
Subject:Re: Slow image download in PTViewer/IE

proj-imim: Re: Slow image download in PTViewer/IE Gummy Bear 2000-May-14 17:04:12
Helmut,

I just performed another test of PTViewer 0.9 on my
56K dial up connection.

I added the 'maxarray' param and set the value to
5 million pixels, as you suggested.

On Windows IE 5.0 the pano consistently takes
a little over 50 seconds to download.  I did not
use any Javascript to make sure the param was set.

On Netscape 4.7 it averaged to about 27 seconds.
(No out of memory error, BTW.)

So, in my case it would appear that the pano is
downloading twice on IE 5.0 even with the maxarray
param set to 5 million pixels.

This pano is about 650,000 pixels.

Best,

Gummy