Sender:RDHoore (ProxyVista)
Date/Time:2000-May-15 23:00:00
Subject:Re: Java/JavaScript problems

proj-imim: Re: Java/JavaScript problems RDHoore (ProxyVista) 2000-May-15 23:00:00
> We've already discovered that Java/JavaScript communication is impossible
> with IE/Mac.

Not true. It's different, but not impossible.

As Ed Howard pointed out, the beauty of this Java PTViewer is that it's so
small and downloads automatically, in no time, and does a great job. You
just cannot expect from your visitors that they will download all kinds of
plugins.

I doubt there will ever be a universal platform without any compatibility
issues, that is accepted and used by everyone. And if there will, we might
have a long beard by that time.

I'll stick with Java for now. Most of the incompatibility issues can be
overcome.

Ronny D'Hoore