Sender:gliksman
Date/Time:2000-May-16 00:22:46
Subject:Re: Slow image download in PTViewer/IE

proj-imim: Re: Slow image download in PTViewer/IE gliksman 2000-May-16 00:22:46
Hello everybody

I did check if the script* as an effect on loading speed with IE, my
conclusion is it has no effect what ever the size i put in the script or
the file size, on a macintosh.

Off line, on a G4,
Applet with hotspots and scripts, or applet with a clean page and no
hotspots

• 1600*800 file
Netscape 4.72                    6 sec
Internet Explorer  5           14 sec

• 3800*1900 file
Netscape 4.72                    20 sec
Internet Explorer  5            48 sec

It is always the double in IE5 …

But the most ennoying problem, as i said before, i that Netscape memory
will grow each time you reload the applet !
With the big file it grows of 50 megs for each loading…

And the good news is the big file pans quit fast in Netscape …

* Helmut's script used
<script language="JavaScript">
   if (navigator.appName != 'Netscape')
     document.write('<PARAM name=maxarray