Sender:Philipp B. Koch
Date/Time:2009-Jan-13 00:21:30
Subject:Re: Re: Interface experiment

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Interface experiment Philipp B. Koch 2009-Jan-13 00:21:30
erik leeman schrieb:
> (...)
>
> A serious problem is that people generally do not read instructions
> at all, not even the most compact ones.
>
> (...)
I absolutely agree on that. Because of that, I'm experimenting with:

1.) Simply forcing people to read the instruction by placing them in a
window inside the pano that has to be clicked away, and
2.) offering simple navigation bars.

While I personally don't like navigation bars (I find them rather
distracting than helpful), I've realized that not-so-computerish people
get the idea of pano interaction must faster if there's a visible navi.
See here for example (sorry, only in German):
http://drei-celix.de/assets/flash/gerstenhalm/index.html (<-- follows
both points mentioned above). Some other navis I have created are for
example: http://drei-celix.de/assets/flash/jap_garten/index.html and
http://drei-celix.de/assets/flash/treptowerpark/index.html (<-- try
clicking the second button from the right that says "Rand-Navigation
einschalten").

Best regards, Philipp