Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2009-Jan-13 22:45:42
Subject:Re: Re: Interface experiment

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Interface experiment Bjørn K Nilssen 2009-Jan-13 22:45:42
On 13 Jan 2009 at 21:16, erik leeman wrote:

> For those who are interested, I've made some changes to my test pano
> to smoothen some rough edges. Things look and work a little better
> now. I also re-installed Pano2VR v2.2 beta4, so my compass is restored
> to its former 'glory' as well. The larger sphere in the upper right
> hand corner can now be faded out by 80%, just to make it less
> irritating ;)

Better now. But why not use that globe for something? It is so visible that it feels a
bit odd that the only thing you can do with it is to fade it tovery faint and back.

It was mentioned in this thread that the spinning could be made on the-fly with the
current pano wrapped around it. I think that would be cool, but how would you be able to
do that on the fly? I was thinking that the spinning globe was a premade Flash video, but
maybe it's not? Is it already made on the fly? It doesn't change pano when moving to a
hotspot at the moment though.
Would it be possible to use Flash to make a premade animation and then (UV)map a small
pano onto it? Like an animation showing a flat pano being morphed/wrapped into a sphere?

> I think I will start using those rotating hotspot markers for my
> regular panos in some form or another, I am beginning to really like
> them : )

I really like them too, but I still don't like that they disappear as soon as you have
hovered over it.

--
Bj?K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D