Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2009-Jan-13 00:46:00
Subject:Re: Re: Interface experiment

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Interface experiment Bjørn K Nilssen 2009-Jan-13 00:46:00
On 12 Jan 2009 at 21:58, erik leeman wrote:

> Thanks for having a look Caroling.
> I think I mentioned it was a Flash experiment, and it could be that
> you only have QuickTime installed on your Mac. In that case everything
> is fine, I only have those on my website 'for old time's sake'. For
> the time being anyway. However, if you do have a Flash9, or
> preferably(!) Flash10 plugin for Firefox, than I would certainly like
> to know about it!
>
> Also to all others a BIG thank you for your reports (and compliments
> of course!), things look very promising! I'll try to answer your
> questions tomorrow.

I think it may be a good start, although I think would first have thought that the
spinning glove was just a fancy logo.
I think it would be quite intuitive if you click that globe to get some instructions?
Animation and/or text?
What I found far from intuitive though is that when you look around you suddenly see some
small spinning globe hotspots. As your mouse hover over them they grow, but then
disappears completely, which may get you to think that it was just a mirage? I don't
think it helps newbies much to have things disappear like that.
This is in Opera/Win.

--
Bj?K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D