Sender:Douglas L. Urner
Date/Time:2005-Jun-03 02:11:10
Subject:Re: Re: Need help stitching my helicopter panorama!

PanoTools: Re: Re: Need help stitching my helicopter panorama! Douglas L. Urner 2005-Jun-03 02:11:10
Cool idea!  Just be really, really sure you can't drop anything --
and double check with the pilot to be sure that s/he is comfortable
with the plan too.  The pilot is probably responsible (in the eyes of
the FAA) if anything falls from the helicopter.

Doug
--
Douglas L. Urner <#removed#> Port Orchard, WA  +1 360 769 5565

On Jun 2, 2005, at 16:54 :07, tflyfish2002 wrote:

> Ed,
> You should have mounted the camera on a monopod and hung it out of the
>  door so it was below the skids, using a remote release rotate the
> monopod and take a bunch of shots while the pilot held the chopper in
> a hover. No need to level since the camera is hanging. If you shoot
> lots of frames fairly quickly you should get some that match for
> stitching. If the camera is angled slightly down then you should only
> have to stitch in a zenith of the sky or the underneath of the
> chopper.
> Sorry you had a wasted trip.
>
> Barry
>

>>>       It was probably too windy that day.  We even had to start over
>>> once because we drifted a couple of blocks down the street
>>> between the
>>> first shot and the second.
>>>
>>>       My client is trying to talk the pilot into a half price charge
>>> for the retake, but at this point I can't be certain that I'm not
>>> doing
>>> something wrong.  I did shoot down at a -30 to -40 degree angle,
>>> trying
>>> to use the good part of the lens more, and trying to get lots of
>>> overlap
>>> for the nadir, which isn't normal for me, but I don't think that