Sender:Bob Alexander
Date/Time:2005-Jun-14 10:47:01
Subject:Re: The ultimate stitching nightmare

PanoTools: Re: The ultimate stitching nightmare Bob Alexander 2005-Jun-14 10:47:01
Flemming V. Larsen wrote:
> 4 shots - Does that mean that you use a fisheye?
>
> If so - and if you're standing on the spectator area [not hanging in a
> string /helicopter ;-) above the water!!]  - I would guess that you can have
> alle the water in one in one shot - If not in portrait then at least in
> landscape mode [if the splashes from the dolphins aren't too high].
> So it's all a matter of planning ahead and a select the right directions for
> shooting.
>
> - Flemming

Shootng handeld with my humble Canon Ixus V3 which IIRC has a FOV of
around 50 degrees.

You are correct in guessing I was in the spectator area and the angular
width of the scene I wanted to include was around 180 degs.

4 shots since I needed some overlap for the stitch points.

As stated before I am willing to share my original shots and/or the
stitched image but only know how to do that via email :(

Bob