Sender:Bob Alexander
Date/Time:2005-Jun-14 10:44:05
Subject:Re: The ultimate stitching nightmare

PanoTools: Re: The ultimate stitching nightmare Bob Alexander 2005-Jun-14 10:44:05
Mark Banas (lists) wrote:
> To use this "random sample" method of shooting you would need a lot of
> film (in frames or megs), a point of reference in each shot (usually
> the shoreline or something not moving), and a tripod to keep things
> steady, unless you are really good at handheld stitching. Start
> shooting when one wave hits and keep the shutter button down until the
> next wave hits, then go on to the next angle with the same goal for
> timing, and later match up the frames where the waves are closest and
> stitch those frames together. Obviously, having as few frames showing
> the waves will help both in terms of actual shots taken and how much of
> a headache it is to find the "right" frames across the water.

Mark very good ideas but maybe inappplicable to my situation.

In this case the "waves" are generated by the dolphins jumping in the
water and therefore there isn't a repetitive pattern timewise.

I would love sharing the originals and the stitched but do not have
anywhere to post them to ... anyone care I send them via email ?

Bob