Sender:Douglas L. Urner
Date/Time:2005-Jun-08 20:04:42
Subject:Re: Need help stitching my helicopter panorama!

PanoTools: Re: Need help stitching my helicopter panorama! Douglas L. Urner 2005-Jun-08 20:04:42
Here's a thought.  Around here a D70 rents for around $150/day +
about $20/day for a fisheye.  Perhaps you could build a simple mount
for 4 D70s and dangle them below the hovering helicopter and trigger
them with a remote (or use the 's' models instead and use a wired
remote).  The camera rental would be about a wash with the helicopter
time (assuming you only have on D70) and you'd be pretty sure to get
a good sequence.  Paralax would only be due to the difference in
camera positions (probably less than a foot).

If you did this, you'd probably be able to be way more productive
with the chopper, so you could probably get quite a few different
shots and you'd save a ton of stitching time.

Doug
--
Douglas L. Urner <#removed#> Port Orchard, WA  +1 360 769 5565