Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Jun-08 21:29:27
Subject:RE: Need help stitching my helicopter panorama!

PanoTools: RE: Need help stitching my helicopter panorama! Erik Krause 2005-Jun-08 21:29:27
On 8 Jun 2005 at 11:37, Edward Fink wrote:

> Well, I got another chance at the helicopter panorama on Monday,
> but so far I haven't had any better luck stitching than last week.

Sorry for beeing too late with my tip, but I wonder why you didn't
shoot one shot straight down. This would eliminate parallaxe errors
for the nearest subjects. The horizon is far easier to stitch since
it is far away.

You would have needed to shoot below the heli this way but this could
even be done with a monopod and self timer (in fact I did the verdon
pano this way because I had no remote release with me:
http://pano.erik-krause.de/verdon

BTW.: For my last WWP shot I made a remote release quickly before I
went off for shooting. It took me about 10 minutes, a soldering iron,
some wire, a suitable plug and a button switch...

Also I wonder why you didn't take the time to direct the pilot over a
vertical edge pointing to you as I suggested...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation: